Danby Mountain Day Camp
A farm and forest day camp for ages 7-12.
- July 9 - August 17, 2018
- Monday-Friday, 9am-3pm (after care available until 5pm for $20/wk)
- Camp Fee: $125/wk. Scholarships available for qualifying Danby campers.
- One-week enrollment options available.
Our camp program explores the forests and the Community Farm at Smokey House Center, with a mix of guided activities as well as less structured time for exploration and discovery. Campers build huts, pick flowers, look for bugs, grow and eat food from the garden, watch birds, chase frogs, play games, and generally spend their week outdoors. No handheld electronic devices, no screens, just a summer full of farm and forest fun. Camps are led by a skilled adult leader with youth leaders serving as assistants.
See the daily camp schedule outlined here.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 802.293.2300 for more information.
REGISTER BELOW or download and print a copy of this registration form here.
Camp Director, Alley Mazzullo
Alley is an educator from Pawlet, VT with a strong record of classroom and community engagement. As the founding head teacher of the Red Fox Community School she has focused her students on farm and food systems with weekly field trips and other immersions in farm work, including trips to Smokey House Center. She has led other area summer day camps. Alley has been working with children in educational settings for the last ten years both in schools as a classroom teacher and on farms. She holds a B.A in poetry and anthropology from Bard College and a M.Ed in elementary and early childhood education from Antioch University New England.
Contact our Camp Director at email@example.com
Camp Registration Fee: $125 per camper, per week. After care offered for a flat rate of $20/wk.
Notes influencing camp pricing:
- We have made every effort to offer this camp for a reasonable, modest fee.
- We do not offer reduced pricing for multiple weeks or multiple campers.
- Please expect to provide lunch for your camper(s) daily. We will provide some purchased snacks and food from our gardens.
- We will offer after-care daily from 3pm-5pm for a flat weekly fee of $20.
- Thanks to the generosity of several local donors, full scholarships for Danby residents may be available. Please contact us if you are interested.
*We are committed to offering this enrichment opportunity for Danby campers of all income levels. Please contact us to discuss scholarship or other financial circumstances.