Danby Mountain Day Camp
A farm and forest day camp for ages 7-12.
- July 10 - August 18, 2017
- Monday-Friday, 9am-3pm (after care available until 5pm for $20/wk)
- Camp Fee: $125/wk. Scholarships available for qualifying Danby campers.
- One-week enrollment options available.
Our camp program will explore the forests and the Community Farm at Smokey House Center, with a mix of guided activities as well as less structured time for exploration and discovery. Campers will build huts, pick flowers, look for bugs, grow and eat food from the garden, watch birds, chase frogs, play games, and generally spend their week outdoors. No handheld electronic devices, no screens, just a summer full of farm and forest fun. Camps will be led by a skilled adult leader with youth leaders serving as assistants.
See the daily camp schedule outlined here.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 802.293.2300 for more information.
REGISTER BELOW or download and print a copy of this registration form here.
Camp Director, Mel Virgilio
Smokey House Center is pleased to welcome Melanie Virgilio as our inaugural summer day camp director. Mel is an educator from Sunderland, VT with a long record of classroom and community support for area youth. She has been a substitute teacher in the local school system, and recently completed her teaching degree with a placement at Burr and Burton Academy. Mel is a long-serving member of the Sunderland Elementary and BRSU school boards, and was recently elected to the Taconic and Green Mountains Regional District board. In addition to her many professional arts and marketing roles, Mel has been an arts educator with Vermont Arts Exchange in North Bennington, where she also recently supported all the administrative functions of a successful summer day camp program. Mel inspires children and young adults through arts education, environmental awareness, and community engagement. She's eager to dig in on the Smokey House farm and explore the nearby forests with local kids this summer.
Contact Mel at email@example.com
Camp Registration Fee: $125 per camper, per week. After care offered for a flat rate of $20/wk.
Notes influencing camp pricing:
- We have made every effort to offer this camp for a reasonable, modest fee.
- We do not offer reduced pricing for multiple weeks or multiple campers.
- Please expect to provide lunch for your camper(s) daily. We will provide some purchased snacks and food from our gardens.
- We will offer after-care daily from 3pm-5pm for a flat weekly fee of $20.
- Thanks to the generosity of several local donors, full scholarships for Danby residents may be available. Please contact us if you are interested.
*We are committed to offering this enrichment opportunity for Danby campers of all income levels. Please contact us to discuss scholarship or other financial circumstances.